What is Online Therapy or Counseling?
Like traditional therapy or counseling, online therapy gives you a place to express and explore difficulties in a safe and supportive way, without being judged.
Together we decide the direction you will take. I do not tell you what to do, and help you find a way forward.
This is a time especially for you, and can take place over as long or short a period as you need.
Some of the advantages and limitations of online therapy follow.
- You like expressing yourself via text and computer.
- With email; You prefer time to consider what you want to say, and reread exchanges.
- You can’t get to a therapist for reasons of mobility, geography, or limited time.
- You want to avoid some of the long wait time that exists with face-to-face therapy.
- When you have little patience with computer glitches.
- When you have difficulty with keyboard entry or expressing yourself in writing.
- When computer access is limited due to disability related issues.
- You are feeling suicidal.