Licenses and Certifications:
The credentials can be verified by clicking on the links provided.
- International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO), Member at Large
- Current: Certificate Program in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapies with the Vermont Institute of Psychotherapies (2019 – 2021)
- Online Psychotherapy using a secure (HIPAA compliant) audio/video platform for 10 years. In addition to my own practice, I am listed on Asktheinternettherapist.com.
- Providing Counseling for individuals suffering from a range of major mental health disorders, co-occurring disorders and personality disorders while working with a mobile hospital team and in a community clinic.
- Mental Health and Care Management services to frail elders and their families.
- Working with The Rhode Island Probate Court system as a Guardian Ad Litem where I made recommendations on the competency of people suffering from dementia or severe mental illness, their need for guardianship, and the suitability of persons requesting guardianship.
- Rhode Island Persons With AIDS (RIPWA) where I counseled clients and their partners and facilitated case management functions.
- Assisting severely disabled students transition from school to the world of work at the nationally recognized Meeting Street School.
- With Bio/Nexus, Inc, under contract with the RI Office of Rehabilitation Services, I explored vocational goals with young adult clients and assessed their needs for assistive technology and social services.
- Social Casework for the State of Rhode Island in the Work Incentive Program and Adult and Family Services.
- Respiratory Therapist at Roger Williams Hospital and Fatima Hospital. This background has given me a ‘healthy’ respect for the need to avoid the inhalation of toxic substances, including but not limited to cigarette smoking. I treated people with terminal emphysema and monitored respirators in Post-Op and the ICU.
- MA in Rehabilitation Counseling and post-graduate study and training to qualify as a Mental Health Counselor.
- Graduated with honors with a BA in psychology from Rhode Island College.
- Wrote a paper on Sexuality and Disability which was positively reviewed by Hanoch Livneh, PhD., a nationally recognized expert in Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Certificate in Interdisciplinary Practice in Geriatrics from the Rhode Island Geriatric Education Center.